Getting your carpets professionally cleaned is the only way to tackle certain kinds of stains. And while many people believe that steam cleaning is the only solution for deep cleaning, Chem-Dry provides a much more effective, efficient, and safer carpet cleaning solution.
Let us answer some common questions to point out some differences.
1. Do steam cleaners use soap?
Yes, traditional steam cleaners work by pumping a carpet full of high-pressured soapy water. This water is filled with chemicals. These chemicals tend to leave behind a residue that will be familiar to anyone who has seen their carpets undergo this process.
Unfortunately, this residue has a tendency to attract dirt and can actually cause carpets to re-soil much quicker after being cleaned. The exact opposite of what you want. Even worse, chemicals with an aggressive pH can actually end up causing damage to the carpet fibers, thus shortening the life of your carpet.
2. Is Chem-Dry really safe?
Yes! Unlike many typical steam cleaners who use harsh detergents, Chem-Dry uses a safe and non-toxic cleaning solution called The Natural® as our core cleaning solution. This not only means that it is free from harsh chemicals, but is a more effective method of cleaning your carpets. Since it’s free from detergents, the Chem-Dry natural cleaning solution helps your carpets stay cleaner for longer since there’s no sticky residue left behind.
Another hugely important factor in the Chem-Dry process is that The Natural® is green certified, making it safe for carpets and the environment, but also non-toxic, which makes it safe for you, kids, and pets.
The real difference-maker with Chem-Dry is our proprietary Hot Carbonated Extraction process, which uses millions of tiny bubbles to loosen up all of the dirt and grime that’s trapped in your carpet. This technique not only allows the carpet to stay cleaner for longer, but it also means that there is lower pressure. This is kinder to the carpet and causes a dry time of as little as 1-2 hours, rather than a usual 1-2 days for steam cleaning.
3. Does Chem-Dry use water?
Yes. Our name says “Dry” because our treatments dry much faster than steam cleaning alternatives. Our proprietary Hot Carbonated Extraction process uses the power of carbonation and powerful extraction equipment which allows us to use up to 80% less water than traditional steam cleaners.
There are a few reasons why this is so significant:
- It’s better for the planet. Far less water is wasted, and yet the same or better results are achieved.
- Using less water is also better for the carpet. Many steam cleaners use high pressure machines to shoot soapy water to the base of the carpet, where it collects. This can make a breeding ground for mildew.
- Carbonation…millions of tiny bubbles literally explode the dirt and grime. That grime can then be safely extracted from the carpet. This leaves your carpets cleaner, drier and healthier much longer than typical steam cleaning methods.
- This also means that your carpets will dry much quicker after being cleaned.
In conclusion, the best way to know the difference between these two methods of cleaning is to see it for yourself. Watch the video above to see the difference visualized.